The refurbished Rastrick Library will re-open on Wednesday September 9, from 10am to 12.30pm. To celebrate the new improved library, there will be an open evening on Thursday September 10, 6pm to 9pm. People are invited to come and see the new library and there will be wine and light refreshments.
There’s a rare chance to get a peek inside some of Calderdale’s historic buildings this September, with the launch of Heritage Open Days. The event, from Thursday 10 to Sunday 13 September, is a national celebration of England’s culture. English Heritage is encouraging interesting historical and cultural properties to open their doors for FREE.
Set up a year ago by the Northlight Art Studios Cooperative on Valley Road, the Back Door education initiative has successfully delivered a broad range of courses and workshops. The enterprise has helped to fill the gap left by the reduction of adult education opportunities in the area and utilises the extensive teaching experience of its membership.
A community herb garden has taken root at Hebden Bridge Library as part of Calderdale’s Incredible Edible growing scheme. Herbs including mint, dill, sage, basil, marjoram and thyme, as well as lettuce and broccoli, have been planted in the courtyard of the new library.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet will discuss the allocation of nearly £200,000 to develop five local initiatives in response to the current economic conditions. When it meets on Monday 24 August, Cabinet will be asked to give its approval to a recommendation by the ‘Economic Task Force’ for five specific areas of activity:
Over the last 12months trainees from Calderdale Council’s Cutting Hedge Gardening Services, have transformed a plot at Pellon allotments. To celebrate their hard work there is party at Pellon Allotments, Albert Road on Thursday 13 August, 11am -2pm.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Local Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For This Year's Stubbing Apple Day
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Unemployment Figures Record High
- Posted: 15 February 2011Local Jeweller Leads The Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Ensure Future Of Local Cinema
- Posted: 8 February 2011Voluntary Groups Invited To Hub Open Day
- Posted: 4 February 2011New Funds To Support Local Businesses
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Sowerby Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.