Calderdale people are being asked to vote for their favourite parks or playing fields. It’s all part of the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge, a campaign organised by Fields in Trust to mark Her Majesty the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012 and the London 2012 Olympics.
A great event for cider connoisseurs The Stubbing Wharf, Hebden Bridge is celebrating Apple Day on Saturday 22nd October 2011, commencing at noon. Guests of the Stubbing Wharf have been enjoying this annual celebration of the fruit that makes a wonderful drink for five years.
There are concerns in the Yorkshire & Humber job market with unemployment rising again across the UK, this time hitting 2.51 million. The troubling news indicates a worsening of the labour market with the number of unemployed people increasing by 80,000 – the largest increase since the three months to August 2009.
The annual national Fairtrade Fortnight runs from Monday 28th February, and one of the highlights this year is the launch of Fairtrade Fairmined GOLD. Only 20 independent jewellers across the country are licensed to produce jewellery with this certified material, and Element Jewellery in Hebden Bridge is one of these.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet says it has listened to local people in arriving at its final budget proposals. Among Cabinet’s proposals agreed last night, which will be discussed by Full Council when it meets on February 28th, there will be:
Members of local voluntary and community groups are invited to find out more about a brand new Social Care and Wellbeing Hub on 18th February. The Hub is an online directory of services and events for adult health and social care in Calderdale that will go live to the public in March.
More money is to be made available to help set up new businesses and social enterprises. Calderdale Council’s Cabinet have agreed to a recommendation from the Council’s Economic Task Force to make available a £180,000 package of funding from its Economic Fighting Fund.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Local Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For This Year's Stubbing Apple Day
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Unemployment Figures Record High
- Posted: 15 February 2011Local Jeweller Leads The Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Ensure Future Of Local Cinema
- Posted: 8 February 2011Voluntary Groups Invited To Hub Open Day
- Posted: 4 February 2011New Funds To Support Local Businesses
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Sowerby Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.